Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rejected, Dejected

While I was in the midst of preparing my foreign application package, I always thought of Columbia and Stanford as the ones I really wanted to go to. Not that I didn't want to go to Harvard, Yale or Princeton, but I didn't think that I stood a chance. All this while, I thought of Northwestern and University of Chicago as back-ups.

But these back-ups exploded in my face. I was rejected at both Northwestern and U Chic. I really didn't have any idea why. All the way, I thought that if they had to select an Indian, that could be me. But I wasn't selected.

More than the dejection of being rejected, I am scared about the other three. By the 1st of April (coincidentally, April Fools' Day), I shall really know if I'm going abroad or not. I really wanted to. But I have had a good Boards Examination.

If this fails, I will apply to LSE for my masters. If I don't apply with financial aid, I guess I should go through. And then I will look back and maybe have a good little laugh about this.

No comments: