Monday, March 23, 2009

After the Boards

For a non-engineering, non-commerce, non-medical Grade 12 student like me, the Boards is the highlight of my academic life. 

While a lot of people have a lot of complaints against the boards, I don't really believed that the Indian Educational System is flawed. It is all a matter of perspective. Nothing ever stopped me from doing what I wanted to do. Nobody and nothing stopped me from preparing for Columban Open for 6 months (despite knowing that quizzing cannot come overnight) and only 2 months for the Boards. Its often the student, and nobody else, who is to blame.

I enjoyed the pressure of the Boards. I enjoyed each moment of just trying to do everything in the NCERT. It was fun. You read it once, twice, thrice ... and you still come across facts that you overlooked. You have to be at your best. You can't go on for 4-5 hours with the same book - you just stop absorbing things then.

But now I am free. Free as a bird. And what do I plan for the next three months? Hmmm... I await my foreign admission decisions. And I really, desperately seek to complete my novel. That one is almost on top of my priority list.

No comments: