Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Girl That Was : Deboleena


Deboleena recently gave me a slamsheet to fill. She's not one for slamsheets, she is one for the blogosphere.

Deboleena. The first time I saw her name was among the topper's list. And that is where Deboleena belonged - among the stars, not for those on the Earth (poor little creatures like me). The next time I noticed her, she was out jutting answers in the JSTSE extra classes (this was the class when I too was feeling like I actually knew things). I don't know when actually we became friends, but I know that we struck it immediately - the Bong Connection actually works, people. I still envy her for all the lovely tiffin boxes that she used to get - non-veg biryanis and all. The guys in the NTSE class started linking us and there was this playful awkwardness from both of us. And then one day, Deboleena came and said "Subhashish, I really like you." I tried to act as if it surprised me, but it really didn't. When your peer group puts that kind of pressure on you, you tend to expect these things. I really don't know if she felt it. I really behaved as if I didn't like her, and maybe this was why she said two minutes later "No, I used to like him." I don't want to think about it anymore and I'm sure neither does she. It was very difficult to being great friends again, but I guess now we are thick as thieves again.

This is one person in the ENTIRE DPS, R K Puram whom I agree is more intelligent than me. She can do great wonders in whatever she does. She is THE person whom I expect to surely get into IIT. I believe in what Deboleena stands for. I believe in the purity of her heart. And I believe that this girl is going to do great wonders in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well..well..well..i'm speechless. I was cursing u for not filling my slamsheet, but u gave me something better. Its good to know there are people to say n write good things about u.
In a fairytale, once upon a time a princess was turned into an ugly bird so that she could never know how beatiful she is. And she was put in a Golden cage. She accepted it as her fate and never thought beyond it. finally a handsome prince sets her free. He enables her to know how gifted she is and shows her the beautiful world in front of her. You r the prince of this story.
Thanks for being a wonderful saathi in my journey.

p.s. I ll later explain the symbolism in this story.