Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Health Blues

So, it's been a tiresome few weeks. It started somewhere in the middle of March, when the construction around college began in full earnest. Digging of roads to lay something in the ground, dust flying all over the air, dusty roads, dusty air ... basically, dust everywhere. That triggered my bronchitis attack, just that this time it was very severe. Just two days back, my fever reached 101 F, and I finally had to go consult a doctor.

Now, the point that I must realise at this point is that my health simply has to be my top priority. This isn't necessarily true for everybody else - somebody might give priority to his/her studies, and that is completely justified. But I start with an inherent disadvantage with regard to my health, and that only increases my duties towards my health.

So, yes, as soon as the exams get over, I do intend to embark on a more healthy lifestyle. I've tried before, and evidently failed, at improving my health. But I have no other option but try - if I give up and sit down, nothing is ever going to improve. I have to take care of my health, with the hope that one day I too can live a completely normal life.

No comments: