Saturday, October 24, 2009

Winter Becons - inside and outside

A wintery night, a cup of coffee and a radio transistor - and the perfectly romanticized winter term of the first year begins emphatically. It has been a rather slow first three days, in the sense that I've not been working for my societies as much as I would like to (plus, I feel extremely guilty about missing my Mathematical Finance course ka tutorial today).

So, the highlight of the first three days was a joint birthday party with SJ and MM today. The birthday party, an endeavour initially to have a good time with your close friends, ended up in quite a bit of "politics" in class. Often, what people perceive you to do is not actually what you are doing. Due to budgetary considerations, the guest list has to be limited, but that's not what others might always perceive it as. One of the bigger tragedies of life, really, is misunderstanding. Hard to see why people fall prey to it so often, but well ... yehi zindagi ka dastoor hai.

Though what I am really bullish on is the onset of winters in Delhi. As long as I get hot water to bathe everyday, I don't have issues. The winter chill, the late nights - oh, the memories long etched in my psyche. Of the midnights at India Gate binging on ice - creams and the chill down your spine while bathing. Oh, yes. I must accept it too - I love Delhi's winters.

No comments: