Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting Back

So, hello my dear (and few) readers. Here is an update from my side : the autumn vacations silently passed away on October 15, 2009. It was put on life support till October 18, thanks to Diwali and the reliable, good old Sunday. Yet, on October 19, it draws to an end. Of course, being the lazy creature I am, I took time off till October 21st. But as much as I might not want it (or perhaps I do want it), I must get back to college.

My attempts at getting a data card for my laptop have been futile. My laptop, though only a year and a half old, has become too old - she's become sick, infested with deadly viruses (relics of my failed international admissions process). So, no data card for now. Of course, I realise that it is a great tragedy to my ambitions of world domination (pun intended), but nothing that cannot be worked around. I feel like I'll be walking on crutches for one more term at least, unless a miracle happens or unless I get a new lappie (which I'm hopeful about, actually).

My goals for this two-month term are quite clear : consolidate a space in all societies that I am a part of (and in the case of FNIC, work hard to make the Futures Club a success). More importantly, I want to keep in touch with the world outside of St. Stephen's (which is tough given that I will not have unrestricted access to the internet). But still, whatever I can do.

As I head back to college, there is an excitement about meeting all my friends again. But then, most of my friends are day scholars. The rest of my day is to be spent with my few rezzie friends and myself. Myself - that is something on which I need to work now.

No comments: