Saturday, November 22, 2008

Why I HATE Kritika Bajaj and she hates me


I don't really think that this is as important as it was earlier. But since I said I'm going to clarify, so be it.

The background is like this : Since my bro had joined DPS, RKP in XI and he always said that it didn't help him a bit (except for the tag of a Dipsite), I decided that when the new batch of class XI students come in, I am going to show one of the students all that DPS, RKP has to offer. None of the newcomers of my section were interested.

But great things are pre-destined. When we were sitting in the quizzing SUPW, Rita Khanna divided the kids into groups of 3. And me and Kritika were the only ones left at the end. Since she was a girl, I told her "Alright, I'll make the quiz on sports and you do it on the other topic." But she went like "No, no. I'll do sports." That is Kritika for you. Absolutely stubborn. When the next tuesday came, she said "My throat is bad; you ask my questions." Typical Kritika. And one of her questions was wrong - her "legendary" experience with wrong questions had begun. But I still hadn't thought that this girl was the one I was going to help.

That moment came when the previous ECONOX came to me with a quiz and asked me who I wanted as a partner. They asked me "Do you know Kritika or Aditi?" But I was so exhilirated that I said no. While they were going, I told them "There is a Kritika in XI Q". Imagine, Aditi could well have been in Kritika's place today. But as I said before, these things are pre-destined. You get rewards for what you did before. So, me and Kritika went to ECONOMITE and we really performed beyond everyone's expectation. We came third and there was no prize for third. Another great of streaks had begun - our streak of coming third in quizzes that had no third prizes. After this, I decided that Kritika will be the one who would go with me to my ultimate fantasy - The Columban Open Quiz (the year before this, I had gone with ICG Shubham Prakhar and still not qualified. I wanted to go to the quarterfinals - me and Kritika decided that quarterfinals was our goal).

Next up was I guess the Japan Quiz. We missed qualification by a mark because of me. The MOD quiz was great. We came third in the prelims and somewhere lost the script in the finals. Ankita had joined out team by now. But we still needed a fourth person. But as soon as we came to Class XII, our luck dried up. We started losing (maybe it was because of the BAD eco quizzes). So, our team for eco quizzes dissolved and Kritika tried another unsuccessful pairing with Pranay. But we were still a Columban team. And we went to St.Columba's. And when we came second in the prelims to qualify for the quarterfinals, I had tears in my eyes. God knows how that moment is still one of the best of my life. I had redeemed the quizzer within me.

Kritika always blamed herself for being of no help in Columban. But maybe if ECONOMITE and the MOD quiz would not have happened, Columban might never have. I owe that to you, dumbo. Me and Kritika have a mentor-student and a mutual counsellor mix of relations. I guess she respects me (hope so, actually) and I am proud of her success in eco quizzes. I like people who grab opportunities and turn them into successes. Quizzing is much more difficult than the science talent searches that I topped my school in before that. And Kritika did that. We share a very deep bond and that is true. But maybe the world has become perverted to see everying in a bf-gf light. It doesn't really matter to me what people think. If its about being there for each other in crisis, we are there for each other. She still keeps on fighting with other school's kids in quizzes. I HATE that. And I HATE a lot of other things about her. She's not my perfect woman. Bipasha Basu is.

2 comments:

khichdi wid curd rice.......red bull......... said...

i accidentally stumbld upon ur blog...and the blogss soooo very cute! ( if i might call it that) :) i used to write a blog once upon a time...my opinions and my perspective of things...but then people strtd mistakin me for that..so i stopped writtin. I just advice, no matter what happens continue writtin, cause there must b some one on planet earth that mite njoi read it :)

Subhashish Bhadra said...

Oh, sure thing. Thank you so much.