Monday, October 31, 2011

One last time?

It's been nearly seven months since I was last at home. This is by far the longest I've been away. The previous highest must have been a measly three-four months. However, what matters more is that it has been seven months since I have closed my eyes and found myself free. Yes, I've been in a race, and now that I am coming to the fag end of the race, I'm exhausted.

It's been a long time - over a year maybe - of running with multiple things on the plate. But now is when I have begun to feel it. Have I reached the limits of my existence? Can I carry no more? Well, even if that's true, the way ahead is just to expand what I can do. What's the fun in merely identifying your limits, nay?

What struck me after the rejection at Monitor was - whatever I do at college, does it come to zero once I begin my job? Honestly, I am not in a position to answer that. I can argue that the 'spirit' and 'ambition' matters, but then there is nothing in particular that I did in college that resulted in these, it was more a relic of my school days.

So, heading into CAT, it is all a bit muddled up. More importantly, I can't think right now, because my brain is quite exhausted. One thing is for sure - it is the last time, so I'm going to pick up the ball and I'm going to run, run as fast as I can. Whether I reach where I want to is now clearly immaterial. What matters is to run the last mile.

5 comments:

Poorva said...

I will abstain from abusing you in public and reminding you about the success that followed after the failure with Monitor. Instead, I'll just keep it at this- All the very best. May your limits only diverge. Just improve your choice in music and all will be well. ;)

Subhashish Bhadra said...

The idea still remains. I go to McKinsey. Then, does anybody REALLY care how I performed in my exams, or what I did in F&I or what SochYo! was like?

I doubt.

Poorva said...

But like you said, much of what you did was a carry over of what you'd established in school. So, people might NOT really care, but you will definitely carry over what you did in College, there or wherever you go, and as a consequence, excel.

Subhashish Bhadra said...

No 'excel', please. Shruti has been planning to name me Subhashish 'Excel' Bhadra for a long time now!!!

Poorva said...

Okay. Don't excel. Do well. Okay?