Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Best of Bollymusic: My Top 5 Romantic songs since 1990

1. Pehla Nasha (Jo Jeeta Woh Sikandar) : I am not a huge fan of romantic songs, but when you hear this song, you just cannot resist its melody. Beautiful lyrics, competent singers and an irresistable melody - this is as close as you can come to perfection. If you haven't heard this song, you have got to be missing something in life.
Lyrics - ****
Melody - *****
Singing - ****
Picturisation - ***



2. Khudaya Khair (Billu) : One of the best romantic songs of late, this one has sweet (though slightly absurd) lyrics and a hummable melody to go with it. It is a terrific feel-good song. The singing, though perhaps lacking somehow, is nevertheless good. I would be shocked if this song is not a contender for one of the music awards this year. Till now, its my song of the year.
Lyrics - ****
Melody - *****
Singing - **
Picturisation - **

3. Tauba Tumhare Yeh Ishaare (Chalte Chalte) : This song never seems to loose its sheen for me. I've been hearing it for such a long time now, but every time I hear it I want to hear more of it. The singing was absolutely amazing - perhaps the romantic song of Abhijeet.
Lyrics - **
Melody - ***
Singing - *****
Picturisation - ***

4. Hum Tum (Hum Tum) : My favourite Rani Mukherji song of all time, I think this song is underrated. Babul Supriyo finally made an indellible mark as a singer. The lyrics are competent, the Rani-Saif chemistry is crackling and the picturisation is good.
Lyrics - ***
Melody - ****
Singing - ****
Picturisation - ***

5. Kuch Na Kaho (Kuch Na Kaho) : A song from one of the most forgettable movies of all time, this song neverthess makes it to my list for its joyful exuberance and its sweet melody. It has a very fresh appeal to it. And the video is great too - frankly, Aishwarya Rai never looked better in this film.
Lyrics - **
Melody - ****
Singing - ****
Picturisation - **

No comments: